When is the last time you felt that magnetic, electric current of inspiration run through you? Then in your consciousness, what came right after that? The fear, the doubt, the excuses, the unlimited list of priorities that come before that very thing you want to do or make happen? Yeah, it happens. But this time, don't let it get in your way. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Love is a verb, an action. And it's time to start lovin' on yourself. Because YOU are important, and YOU matter!
Whether astrology is your cup of tea or not, I enjoy using it as practical guide to anchor into the day-to-day and transitions we go through... (and without getting all woowoo and shit.) So it's a NEW MOON (in Libra). Libra is the balance point of the zodiac and forces equilibrium. It governs law (mental), sex (astral), money (physical).
A new moon is the phase of the moon when it is in conjunction with the sun and invisible from earth, or shortly thereafter when it appears as a slender crescent. Blah, blah, blah... It's also a great time to START SOMETHING NEW.
As a teacher, a coach, an artist and entrepreneur, I am constantly working on projects whether it's at SAY OM YOGA or with e3 vinyasa/e3 coaching, at home or creating something entirely different and doing work on myself (aka therapy, coaching, personal/career development work). The creative process is a continuous cycle that begins with an idea.
I just attended a wedding in Houston, Texas over the weekend and LOVE inspires me. Connection inspires me. I had an opportunity to catch up with some friends and family and the first things they said to me were 1) thank you for posting what you post (2) I really need to stretch and do something for my body. Outside of teaching the yogas and operating my yoga studio with my amazing partner in awesomeness, I LOVE to inspire and empower people to "live it up" (as my grandmother would say)!
Today, my e3 blog kicks off. I've started multiple blogs, and let multiple blogs fade into the abyss. I get excited, overcommit, then drop off. Familiar? Well a new blog has birthed and I'm kicking off the e3 new moon challenge! There are all kinds of challenges out there - from writing, to fitness, to cleanses, to meditation, etc. etc. As part of my e3 coaching work, I invite you to stop seeking the answers externally from others, and invite you to LOOK WITHIN. What do YOU need? What inspires and uplifts YOU? Taking care of yourself first is imperative and a non-negotiable these days. And if you aren't doing it, it's time to get. on. board.
This is a ***FREE*** 30 DAY CHALLENGE to help you MAKE A SHIFT somewhere in your life -- AND YOU GET TO CHOOSE what area you want to focus on: personal/family/financial/sex/career/health. The power is in YOUR process and and progress. The prize is the wisdom you gain along the way. And there will be an opportunity to win a coaching session with me at the end of this moon challenge, based upon what you share about your experience and personal growth along the way.
1) CHOOSE AN AREA YOU WANT TO BE YOUR FOCUS FOR THIS NEW MOON CYCLE:
2) WRITE DOWN SOME THOUGHTS AND SOME REALISTIC GOALS YOU DESIRE OR WOULD LIKE TO FOCUS ON
• personal - turn off your phone by XXpm every night, work on being your greatest critic, quit sabotaging your success with disempowering internal diaglogue, meditate 5 minutes extra everyday...
• friend - call/go eat/workout w/ a friend that you haven't seen or talked to in a while...
• financial - pay down your credit card debt, create a new budget, buy one less latte this week...
• sex/creativity - try something new, mix it up... paint, draw or write
• career - choose not to bring home that colleagues negative energy, choose to have that conversation with your boss about that raise you've wanted...
• health/fitness/nutrition - start the day with a smoothie, start taking your supplements again, take a 30 min walk atleast 4 times/week for the next 30 days, scale back on the booze, eat more greens...
3) POST YOUR GOALS ON YOUR MIRROR OR A WALL THAT YOU LOOK AT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." – Aristotle
Habit will take you further than your desires. Create new habits of doing things that make you FEEL GOOD. Successful habits separate the successful from the unsuccessful.
3) FOLLOW + SHARE THIS GRAPHIC WITH YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY ON FACEBOOK + INSTAGRAM + GET THEM ON BOARD IN THE #e3newmoonchallenge
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/malia.scott
Instagram - @gingerlove108
3) POST the following on Facebook and/or Instagram as your declaration statement to yourself + others that you are committed to this challenge and your personal growth!
Join me in Malia's #e3newmoonchallenge -- For the next 30 days I'm committing to personal growth and I encourage you to do the same. http://www.yogawithmalia.com/e3-blog
For the next 30 DAYS I'll post inspiring quotes on embodiment - energetics + empowerment, the foundation of my e3 life philosophy, to elevate and uplift you throughout your day-to-day. It will be fun. It will be vulnerable and challenging. And It will be worth it.
Congratulations -- and I'm proud of you. Seriously! You have to start somewhere and drop the excuses that come up. It's time and YOU KNOW IT!
"Personal transformation can and does have global effects. As we go, so goes the world. The revolution that will save the world is ultimately a personal one." - Marianne Williamson